Pricing for Asylum Research AFMs and Accessories
Buying an AFM is obviously a major investment and securing the budget can be challenging. Asylum Research offers the following recommendations:
1. Investigate your AFM options before you apply for funding and budget accordingly
Contact us before you apply for funding to discuss the most appropriate configuration for your research. Asylum offers several different AFMs and many different accessories. This flexibility allows us to help you configure the best AFM system for almost any field of research and any budget. You risk having limited options later if you budget based on “ballpark” estimates. Make sure to get a demo to see the instrument in action.
2. Know that Asylum AFMs are available for a wide range of budgets. Don’t settle for less!
Research budgets are tighter than ever. In response to this reality, Asylum provides the affordable advantage pricing on our Origin, Origin+, and Cypher S atomic force microscopes. Our goal is to provide you with all of the advantages of performance, versatility, and world-class customer support that only come with an Asylum Research AFM.
• MFP-3D Origin supports a wide range of imaging modes and is a great choice for many routine and advanced tasks. It's the best place to start with AFM at a price point where other AFMs often lag with lackluster performance and highly limited feature sets.
• MFP-3D Origin+ features the same core performance as the Origin but adds support for the complete range of MFP-3D imaging modes and accessories. No other AFM in this same lower price range comes close to matching its capabilities.
• Cypher S —The Cypher AFM family features our highest resolution, fast scanning AFMs. This base model is now priced the lowest its ever been and can be upgraded later with environmental control or even video-rate imaging.
3. Make your proposal stand out by featuring capabilities unique to Asylum’s flagship AFMs.
Too often we hear stories of funding that was denied because a 10+ year old AFM is sitting unused in the applicant’s department. Make a more compelling proposal by highlighting new, exciting features that are only available on Asylum’s flagship AFMs.
• MFP-3D Infinity – There’s no other AFM offering a wider range of capabilities in terms of imaging modes and unique accessories. This makes it ideal for both highly specialized research fields and for multi-user facilities that present far-ranging measurement demands.
• Cypher ES – This is the ultimate AFM for highest resolution, fast scanning, and fully integrated environmental control. Older AFMs can struggle in even one of these areas, but the Cypher ES brings it all together and makes it remarkably easy to achieve remarkable results.
• Cypher VRS – The first and only full-featured video-rate AFM enables scanning at up to 625 lines per second. No other AFM in the world offers video-rate scanning on a platform that also supports all the same modes and accessories as the Cypher ES, and is easy to use.